To complement our team in Berlin, we are looking for an experienced, dedicated and responsible Gallery Manger.
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 10am – 6pm
Start Date: From now or the latest from 01 April 2022
The advertised position includes the following tasks:
– Oversee the smooth and efficient operation of the gallery and its program in Berlin
– Experienced in managing a small team: supervising all office and front of house activities
– Assistant to the director – exhibition and art fair preparation, as well as organization of events for the year 2022/2023
– Participation in art fairs and sales
– Liaising with artists and collectors – press and public relations
– Preparing accounting, organizing incoming and outgoing invoices
– Creating budget plans
– Planning of transports and ensuring correct art handling with the gallery team
– Work experience in a manager position in an art gallery or comparable position
– Sound knowledge and interest in Contemporary Art and the art market
– Independent, organized and meticulous work ethic, as well as flexible and precise
– Excellent communication and organizational skills, capacity for teamwork
– Fluent in German and English, written and spoken
– Open and communicative personality
– Good computer proficiency (Mac OS X, MS Office, Sketch Up, Adobe Photoshop, Artlogic, Cloud based)
Please send your application documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application.
We are currently looking for an intern to enrich our team. Starting from now.
The wide range of tasks includes front of house tasks, assistance especially with social media, marketing and press, exhibition preparations; general administrative tasks, running errands, as well as providing support at gallery openings and events.
This internship will pay special attention to digital content, handling of images and videos, analog and digital archiving, copy-editing texts; website-maintenance and development. Graphic design skills are a plus.
* 3 – 6 month commitment
* University student or University graduate
* Responsible, attention to detail, highly-organised and self-motivated
* Languages (Fluent in German and English)
* Proficiency in Adobe and MS Office programs
If interested, please send us your application including CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com.